Just because we don't agree doesn't mean either one of us is right or wrong.
If we try your method first and it fails, then it's time to try a different method.
Education the natural process of life.
Always strive to get an education and never rely on what others consider to be an acceptable education for any aspect of your life.
A herb is a plant that is valued for flavor, scent, or other qualities.
Herbs are used in cooking, as medicines, and for spiritual purposes.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Changes for DSC

Last week I decided to make some changes to DSC (Diversified SubContracting) this is an independent contracting service I have been trying to get going for 10 years. It has had it's up and downs in the past and I hope this will bring it around.One of the reasons is I need a change in policy.
First thing I did was get an email for DSC with gmail (installs.by.dsc@gmail.com), google has a sites for devoloping an online presence with a free website (http://sites.google.com/site/dscinstalls/.) There is also google documents for storing documents and templates for modifying documents. I have modified some templates for what I hope will work out fine. I still have some fine print to add. Still need to set up some policies (possible mileage, and payments).

I am trying to keep this as cost effective as possible. Last year about this time I was having issues with some Windows XP software and viruses on 3 computers, so took a leap over to open source Linux software. I have to say it does take getting use to, but I'm glad I did for the most part Linux has proven to be far more stable than I had expected, plus it's down loadable, and upgradeable. If windows has a program, Linux has one just as good if not better. There are even live cd versions you don't need a hard drive to use it.
I was also able to find and refurbish some computers, I loaded them with Linux and gave them away, I may keep them and try to sell some while I'm still learning Linux, but that brings another dilema where am I going to get the room to do the work for that idea? I am in serious need for a storage area and workspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment