Just because we don't agree doesn't mean either one of us is right or wrong.
If we try your method first and it fails, then it's time to try a different method.
Education the natural process of life.
Always strive to get an education and never rely on what others consider to be an acceptable education for any aspect of your life.
A herb is a plant that is valued for flavor, scent, or other qualities.
Herbs are used in cooking, as medicines, and for spiritual purposes.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I've been called a pothead.

That's right I received this message on Facebook:
"Let me guess you are a pot head?"
And my reply was this: 
No, I'm a realist. I have come to understand that alcohol, over the counter and prescription drugs have proven themselves to be the wrong choice for some people. And I question why we have a law that requires reasonably intelligent people to actually believe cannabis is wrong for all the people. I also wonder why we don't use it to replace the fuels in our cars, to make a perfectly good biodegradable plastic like Henry Ford did for the automotive industry he helped revolutionise. Why we don't use it as clothing like Levi Struass did instead of the petroleum based polyesters we have now. As a rotation crop to remove all the dangerous chemicals we have saturated the earth with that gets in our water supply. Use it for making paper instead of destroying the forest that is home to so many animals that the people of Arkansas seem to enjoy hunting and eating.
Unlike some I'm not offended. Mainly because he doesn't know me.  And the only time I maybe offended is when someone I know calls me that, but they better know me well enough personally first. If the occasional use (a maximum of 8 ounces a year) is the definition of a pothead then yes I might be. But I don't think that can be classified as an addict. After all drinking a case or 2 of beer doesn't classify people as drunks, does it? Maybe an alcoholic, but definitely not a drunk.
I also sent this link:  http://www.soberpursuit.com/arkansas/
It is for a rehab clinic in our Natural State (my state's motto). If you would take a close look at the statistics they list you have to question the practicality of it. It actually shoots itself in the foot before it opens the door. According to them I am almost 4x as likely to die abiding by the law then I am breaking the law.
All in all I think I can not only live with the label pothead, but I think I can sleep at night with a clear conscious. Knowing that I am safer using natural organics over the manufactured products. Beside I would much rather be a pothead than a drunk any day of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment