Just because we don't agree doesn't mean either one of us is right or wrong.
If we try your method first and it fails, then it's time to try a different method.
Education the natural process of life.
Always strive to get an education and never rely on what others consider to be an acceptable education for any aspect of your life.
A herb is a plant that is valued for flavor, scent, or other qualities.
Herbs are used in cooking, as medicines, and for spiritual purposes.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Seamonkey Internet Suite

I thought I'd take a break from my rants and spread the word about an open source web software that I truly enjoy using over any of the others.


Seamonkey Internet Suite

It's a web browser, email client with integrated address book, composer, and even has a chat program if you like that kind of thing. the mail client is also my newsreader software of choice. Google.com is my home page for all my browser and I use their reader also. I would like to move the feeds from there to Seamonkey and get away from using Google reader. But that's another project for another time.
Now it took a little bit of time to set it up to my liking, but I have it done.  There are different add-ons available. It's from the same people who brought you Firefox. Some of Firefox add-ons work with Seamonkey quite well, while others aren't compatible at all. But with enough patience there are alternatives to be found. Such as add this I use the bookmarklet which is an share icon in my bookmarks toolbar. Stumbleupon has a it's own toolbar which I have also installed for when I decide to glance around at random sites.
I have been using this for 7-8 years now, it's not exclusive I do have Firefox, Chromium, and a few other open source browsers.

My family uses open source software on all our computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment