Just because we don't agree doesn't mean either one of us is right or wrong.
If we try your method first and it fails, then it's time to try a different method.
Education the natural process of life.
Always strive to get an education and never rely on what others consider to be an acceptable education for any aspect of your life.
A herb is a plant that is valued for flavor, scent, or other qualities.
Herbs are used in cooking, as medicines, and for spiritual purposes.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Educating Myself in the Field of Computer Technology

Ok, as I have mentioned before I'm not a big fan of Microsoft computer software, so I use Linux Open Source software. I have been recycling and refurbishing older computers for a few years trying to learn my way around the hardware aspect of it. Now, I think I'm ready to tackle some of the software side of it. I have been dabbling in it a little, not enough to crash a computer.

Here is the link to my desktop screenshots, after I figured out that I could do that little deal. Who ever came up with the screenshot software is much appreciated. It helps me record the different versions of Linux I have tried. I pretty much have everything to my liking on the desktop now, as to what I like a setup to look like. The only thing I'm changing now is the backgrounds.

My latest recycle project is now fully loaded with the software I enjoy using, my mail clients, web browsers and media software, everything is set-up.
I may install the Google Gadgets software to see if I might like them, will let you know how that works and take some more pictures of them. There are a few more packages I'm wanting to try out though. My next project is learning to transfer all my web browser bookmarks to this desktop. While I was at it these couple of days, I also changed my blog site a little, background and style.

For those of you who might be interested this is Linux Mint it's became my preferred distribution of Linux. I am especially fond of the XFCE version, but I have almost all the current versions on file. I have Google Desktop installed on Konqueror it's a file manager/web browser in one, and I also have Kontact for my email/office client. Most of the KDE software I have is used for work related emails and web searches. I do enjoy the ability to mix and match from different desktop environments of Linux.

I haven't learned to use terminal to install my preferred software, so I am  using the synaptic package manager and the software manager. Most of the Linux distribution have some form of installing packages this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment