Just because we don't agree doesn't mean either one of us is right or wrong.
If we try your method first and it fails, then it's time to try a different method.
Education the natural process of life.
Always strive to get an education and never rely on what others consider to be an acceptable education for any aspect of your life.
A herb is a plant that is valued for flavor, scent, or other qualities.
Herbs are used in cooking, as medicines, and for spiritual purposes.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

4-5 year old Linux newbie.

I call myself a newbie when it comes to Linux, as I see it. I would best call what I do more accurately as an unofficial Linux tester. As with most users we all have favorites to use. Mine is Linux Mint.

Along the way I also discovered a passion for recycling discarded computers. Most are reloaded and tested with 2 hard drives for a dual boot. My latest is an Enterprise Server Chassis. Mine only has a 450 psu.


I like the minimal clutter on my desktop. Steampunk themed wallpaper found on the web. AWN as my taskbar and shortcuts. Linux Mint 10 Gnome with Xfce as the desktop environment. This is my preferred environment.
My other disc has Linux Mint Fluxbox 9 with my preferred desktop environment, and one of these Serenity themed wallpaper.   

I have wondered if I could turn both testing Linux and recycling of discarded computers into a reliable source of income.  I'm guessing that if I do OEM installs on my recycles maybe sell them around $100-150 range I could do fair part time. Or charge $60-75 for installing OEM versions for customers and also supply the disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment